Parking, shuttle, and Light rail services
Parking is free for all graduates and guests. Graduates and guests should park in Union Deck for Commencement ceremonies.
Buses will begin loading at Union Deck at approximately 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- NOTE: Gates open 90 minutes prior to the ceremonies
- Buses will depart determined by capacity
- Drop-off location will be at Gate 1
- Assistance to the stadium will be available for guests with limited mobility.
Returning to Union Deck
- Pick up location at Gate 1
- Assistance will be available for guests with limited mobility.
The last shuttles from the stadium to the Union Deck will be 60 minutes after the ceremony.
Lynx blue line light rail riders should exit at the J.W. Clay/UNC Charlotte station.
First-come, first-served disability parking is available in Lot 23. Overflow parking is available in the Union Deck (shuttle service available). ADA drop-off for guests is located in the northern section of Lot 23, near Gate 3 of the Jerry Richardson Football Stadium. Drop-off area for graduates with limited mobility is Gate 1. Once on campus, follow the signs and tell traffic personnel that you wish to use the stadium drop-off area. Staff will be available to assist. Wheelchair transportation to guests' accessible seating will also be available. Guests who cannot transfer to a seat and need to remain in a wheelchair must bring their own. Wheelchairs are generally available for short-term rental from medical supply stores and some pharmacies.