For a complete campus map, please click on the above image.
Safety & Security
Everyone will be required to pass through metal detectors. Bag checks will be conducted at entry points. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: large bags, umbrellas, banners, balloons, weapons, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, noisemakers, laser pointers, non-service animals, skateboards, and roller shoes.
- Driving Directions
- Light Rail Directions
- Rideshare guests may use Lot 7A at Memorial Hall, located on University Road to be dropped off before or picked up after Commencement.
Campus parking is FREE at all parking lots and decks. Parking attendants and police officers will be stationed around campus to help direct traffic. Please be advised that the route you travel to enter the campus may not be the same route you are required to travel as you exit the campus.
East Deck and UNC Charlotte Main Station Light Rail Shuttle Bus Service
- Buses will begin loading at East Deck and UNC Charlotte Light Rail Main Station approximately
- 11 a.m. Friday, December 13. NOTE: Doors open to Halton Arena at 11:30 a.m.
- 8 a.m. Saturday, December 14. NOTE: Doors open to Halton Arena 90 minutes prior to the ceremonies.
- Buses will depart determined by capacity.
- Drop-off location will be at the Popp Martin Student Union. Follow directional sign to the Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena).
- Assistance to Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena) West Entrance will be available for guests with limited mobility.
- Returning to East Deck and Light Rail Main Station
- Pick up location Popp Martin Student Union. Buses will be designated as East Deck or Light Rail.
- Assistance will be available for guests with limited mobility at the Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena) West Entrance.
- Last shuttles from the Popp Martin Student Union back to East Deck and UNC Charlotte Light Rail Main Station at approximately
- 5 p.m. Friday, December 13
- 7 p.m. Saturday, December 14
A drop-off area is available at the West Entrance of the Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena) for graduates and guests with limited mobility. Once on campus, follow the signs and tell traffic personnel that you wish to use the arena's drop-off area. Staff will be available to assist. Wheelchair transportation to guests' accessible seating will also be available. Guests who cannot transfer to a seat and need to remain in a wheelchair must bring their own. Wheelchairs are generally available for short-term rental from medical supply stores and some pharmacies. Visit the Accessibility section for more viewing options.
The greater Charlotte area offers a wide selection of hotels to make your visit to UNC Charlotte both comfortable and pleasurable.